Ronnies Motorsports - Ronnie's Motorsports Sold me a Motorcycle Lemon

Albany, New York 3 comments

I recently purchased a used chopper from Ronnie's Motorsports in Guilderland, NY.Right after riding my "new" purchase off the lot, the clutch cable popped out and the entire clutch was shot.

They replaced the clutch with a new one, however initially the GM there wanted to just replace it with some other bikes clutch to "get me out of there." After getting the bike back with the supposed new clutch, the starter cell stopped working, and Ronnie's once again had to fix the issue (this is still within one week of owning the bike.) Then a day after the starter was replaced, the bike started to backfire, and would only run (barely) with the choke fully open. I called Ronnie's once again and they picked the bike up and later on told me they had to replace the sparkplugs, and that the bike was only running on one cylinder. Now, at about 2 and 1/2 weeks of me owning the bike....the digital speedometer is broken and reads 255 mph whenver the bike is in motion. The GM at the Guilderland NY branch as well as the GM at the Pittsfield MA branch both refuse to fix anything else unless I pay extra...I would understand if I maybe owned the bike past even 30 days, but for these problems to keep popping up, I think it's a scam and a shame.

If any one reading this is in the market for a new or used motorcycle, stay as far away from a Ronnie's Motorsports as you can.They will only be selling you a very expensive piece of (censored).

Review about: Red Horse Chopper.

Comments

$14000 bike should not have those kind of problems, Ronnies should stand behind their motorcycles, especially since the purchase was less than 30 days

Albany, New York, United States #628745

Stop whining because you bought a bike you dont understand, and cant afford to maintain. Stop blaming others for your shortcomings and go make a sandwich.

Never had an issue with Ronnie's.You bought what sounds like a custom chopper.

Custom bikes have custom problems.And how do they know you haven't attempted to do work on it yourself and blame them?